Audition - U.S. Navy Fleet Bands Bookmark and Share

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results

Audition - U.S. Navy Fleet Bands

Postby alexivy2004 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:23 am

Tuba (two vacancies)
Audition Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019
Materials due: January 11, 2019
Audition location: Navy Mid-South Conference Center - Millington, TN
Winners will be assigned a position at one of nine U.S. Navy Fleet Bands.
Please send resume and applicant face sheet to Mill_NavyMusic@navy.mil" target="_blank. Call 901-874-4316 for more information.

For excerpts and other info: http://www.navyband.navy.mil/doc%20files/navy%20music/usnfb_tuba.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0O-tRZaKJf1mZRVVSaAd3xyTMKDxFBqdE06Vd2FE2rdVEn7Hy2d3CSlCI

Visit our Facebook page, U.S. Navy Fleet Band Activities, where all nine Fleet Bands' Facebook pages are hyperlinked. Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $65,000), enlistment bonuses for qualifying candidates, free health insurance. If offered a position, you must be able to pass all medical and legal requirements for enlistment into the U.S. Navy to become a Navy musician.
alexivy2004
lurker
lurker

Re: Audition - U.S. Navy Fleet Bands

Postby cbettler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:50 pm

I have been a tuba player for the Fleet Bands for the past six years. I have been stationed in Chicago and Honolulu. Please feel free to PM me or email (chris.bettler8822@gmail.com) if you have any questions. I would be happy to share my experiences. Best of luck to all who choose to audition!
Chris Bettler
Tuba Instrumentalist, US Navy Music Program
cbettler
bugler
bugler

Re: Audition - U.S. Navy Fleet Bands

Postby FarahShazam » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 am

I'm bumping this up.

There are TWO vacancies for Tuba. The Navy fleet program is not a base fleet band. These people are usually graduates with a music ed or performance degree and love to play. You receive the Post 9-11 GI bill (HUGE benefit); full medical; solid salary; and room to grow. One of the things I love most about what *I* do are the collateral duties--you can receive training and education that is marketable for when you retire.

Guys, this is a great opportunity. Please take advantage of it--All you have to do is be deemed acceptable and your name remains on the "acceptable for the navy school of music" for 6 months. Please consider this. You will not regret this decision. http://www.navyband.navy.mil/job_opportunities.html

--farah
--farah chisham
FarahShazam
Chisham
Chisham

Return to OPPORTUNITIES - education - employment