Selling All Projects Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Selling All Projects

Postby Gongadin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:17 pm

I have a number of projects that I am prepared to sell to their next caretaker.
I have one tuba gig only, and for that I really only "need" one tuba - in my case, a sousaphone.
If you have any interest in any of the following, please contact me and I can get you some pictures.
Project #1: A box full of 20K. There's an entire silver plated 20K, manufactured in 1950, sitting in a box. It is complete, save for neck and bits, but is in pieces.
*SOLD*
Project #2: A Buescher Jumbo. Needs everything. Bell needs to be rolled out, valve section has cracks in the tubing. No neck or bits. Bought this from another TubeNetter, but I doubt I'm going to get around to having this fixed. *SOLD*

Project #3: A Henry Gunckel BBb helicon, with a couple of extra branches from a sousaphone. Valve section is there, but the tubing for the valve section is not. Bought from another TubeNetter - see above statement. :)
*ON HOLD*
Project #4: A King four valve sousaphone valve section - complete and re-plated by Dan Oberloh. One crook is brass instead of silver. I have a post up on the "Wanted" section looking for a King helicon or Giant with valve issues - if someone answers that ad first, I'll keep the valve section. Got this from another TubeNetter and had hoped to have this grafted to my sousaphone - but my sousaphone (which I also got from another TubeNetter) has had its bugs worked out and is now too nice to mess with! :)
$1500
Project #5: Buescher BBb Raincatcher - needs neck receiver replaced, and then a neck and bits.
*ON HOLD* - POSSIBLY SOLD PENDING FUNDS
Last edited by Gongadin on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Selling All Projects

Postby sactubaguy59 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:28 pm

pm sent
1951 #2341 4 valve King with Holton Bell
2006 Miraphone #282
1960 Conn 14k 4 valve Bb Helicon or standard bell option
Heinz 57 Helicon Conn 20k valves; Mammoth body; Miraphone bell
2002 Musica 4 valve Bb tuba
sactubaguy59
bugler
bugler

Postby Gongadin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

Project #2 - Jumbo - SOLD.

Looking for a King BBb Helicon so that I can keep Project #4 - the King 4 Valve Section. Maybe I'll put it on the Henry Gunckel helicon and kill two birds with one mouthpiece. :)
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Postby Snothead » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:59 am

Is project no#1 still for sale?
Snothead
lurker
lurker

Postby Gongadin » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:54 am

Snothead wrote:Is project no#1 still for sale?

Update: No, I've marked it "sold".
Last edited by Gongadin on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Postby Gongadin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Project #1 *SOLD*.
Still looking for a BBb King helicon in need of a valve job or valve set.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Postby bloke » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Yamaha sousaphones necks, in my experience, fit 1920's Buescher sousaphones (both the receiver diameter and the odd angle).

The Yamaha male insertion tube isn't as long as the original Buescher, but whatev'...
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Postby Gongadin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:53 pm

bloke wrote:Yamaha sousaphones necks, in my experience, fit 1920's Buescher sousaphones (both the receiver diameter and the odd angle).

The Yamaha male insertion tube isn't as long as the original Buescher, but whatev'...

I did pass on your wisdom to my repair tech. He is set on replacing the receiver with a Conn, and providing a Conn neck to go along with it. This is fine with me, as he let it be known that he would like to ultimately be the owner of this particular sousaphone. I'm looking forward to helping him make that happen, and marking that particular project "SOLD" in the near future.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Postby KiltieTuba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:51 am

Would you actually want to sell the King valve section?

I have a body and bell from a King Jumbo that I need to find a valve section for to make a helicon...
KiltieTuba
6 valves
6 valves

Postby Gongadin » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:21 pm

KiltieTuba wrote:Would you actually want to sell the King valve section?

I have a body and bell from a King Jumbo that I need to find a valve section for to make a helicon...

You should just sell me the body and bell! :)
I should know within the next two weeks what's happening with the valve section. We'll see if it fits the Gunckel helicon, and that will help me to make a decision. I'm still hoping I'll be able to find a suitable body to graft it onto.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Postby KiltieTuba » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 am

Gongadin wrote:
KiltieTuba wrote:Would you actually want to sell the King valve section?

You should just sell me the body and bell! :)
I should know within the next two weeks what's happening with the valve section. We'll see if it fits the Gunckel helicon, and that will help me to make a decision. I'm still hoping I'll be able to find a suitable body to graft it onto.

Yea.... except what am supposed to do for a massive helicon? 8)
KiltieTuba
6 valves
6 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner