Pan American Eb "Giant" Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Pan American Eb "Giant"

Postby SteveP » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 pm

I bought this tuba about twenty-five years ago. There was some leakage from the valves, so I had Randy Anglin (Fullerton, CA) fully inspect the tuba. He serviced the instrument and removed the valve section and sent it out for a valve job (at that point in my life I didn't think to ask what kind of valve job). There are now no leaks in the tubing or valves. All slides move freely.

This tuba is in great shape for its age. There is a patch on the rim of the bell, a patch on the lead pipe and two patches on the elbows of the tubing coming out of the lower ports of valves one and two. I’ve attached a couple of pics and will email more on request. All patches were present when I bought the tuba. Yes, there are some minor dings and dents and some lacquer wear.

The serial number of this tuba is 118452. This puts the year of manufacture at 1936 according to a the Conn Loyalist. I believe that it’s a Model 54J Giant. I’ve measured the bore at the second valve slide at .692 inches. That’s my measurement and I can’t guarantee it but it should be pretty close. The tuba has a twenty inch bell. I had about an inch removed from each leg of the tuning slide to enable it to be in tune at A=440 with the tuning slide in all the way.

I am including a Humes & Berg bag that I bought when I bought the tuba. The bag looks almost as good as new as it’s only been out of the house maybe fifteen times in its life. The tuba has had under a hundred or so playing hours since its valve job.

Asking $750 for tuba with bag.

I'm located in Lake Havasu City, AZ. Will ship at buyer's expense.

100_1574 resize.jpg
100_1574 resize.jpg (124.4 KiB) Viewed 183 times
100_1569 resize.jpg
100_1569 resize.jpg (133.43 KiB) Viewed 183 times
100_1575 resize.jpg
100_1575 resize.jpg (117.89 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Steve
Lake Havasu Regional Orchestra (tuba/board/treasurer)
Lake Havasu Symphonic Winds (board/treasurer)
SteveP
bugler
bugler

Return to For Sale by Owner