FS: B&S PT20-PS W/ cronkhite leather gig bag Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS: B&S PT20-PS W/ cronkhite leather gig bag

Postby Casey Tucker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 pm

For sale is a B&S PT-20PS with a two tone leather Cronkite bag. The horn was purchcased in 2004 and has been regularly maintained. Normal wear and tear of a 14 year old horn (minor playing wear in one spot, minor dents etc). The bag has cat scratches but on my superficial damage. This is the best 4/4 I’ve ever played and has outperformed similar horns. Ive used it for everything from the falcone festival, interlochen, Tex Allstate university orchestra and band.

I’ll be tied up with the horn through the 20th since our community band is playing at Midwest but after that it’s good to go. If you’ll be in Chicago the 18-20th you’re more than welcome to try it out. Otherwise the horn is in Houston. I won’t send it out for tests but you’re more than welcome to schedule a meet up to try it out. I’d prefer not to ship but can if the sale was a sure thing

I’ll have pictures up by Monday. I’m asking $5500 OBO. these list new over $10k without the bag and for the price would make an excellent 4/4 for student or professional. Message me here, email me at james@aventesolutions.com or my cell is 2eight1 six5eight 4zero7five. Thanks for looking and stop back later for pictures.
-Life's short, play tuba naked!

B&S PT-20PS
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: B&S PT20-PS W/ cronkhite leather gig bag

Postby octan2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:11 am

Email and PM sent!
octan2
lurker
lurker

Postby Casey Tucker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 am

pictures/recordings can be found here-> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5tdfmkx2k30x ... IkRra?dl=0

B&S PT-20PS
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Postby bort » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Looks and sounds great! Should go QUICK!

(By comparison, there is a rotary PT-20, lacquer, like new (but Casey's tuba looks great!) and listed for $7500... which also is not at all a bad price.)

Another tuba that would have been helpful to ME if it was listed last spring. Someone will be really lucky! :tuba:
B&S 4198 (PT-7P)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby Casey Tucker » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Thank you! i have a couple of interested parties right now. i'll be in chicago for midwest th 18th-20th so it'll be available for testing during that time frame if anyone is interested.

B&S PT-20PS
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner