ISO: Tuba, see descriptions for details

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
rfoster0508
lurker
lurker

ISO: Tuba, see descriptions for details

Post by rfoster0508 »

Hey all,

I’m looking at buying a tuba within the next couple of months. My price range is $3,000. The tuba is technically a Christmas gift for me. I would prefer a C or E-flat tuba, front action valves are a want but not a deal breaker. I understand that these don’t come very often. I have been looking through all of the standard issue websites.

Thanks,

Cody Foster
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: ISO: Tuba, see descriptions for details

Post by fenne1ca »

Multiple horns for sale on here right now in your price range. Good luck, your timing seems to be fortunate!
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I have a very nice Marzan 'slant-rotor' CC that fits your budget. Email for details and images.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Sousaswag »

I'd go with the Marzan above. I've played a piston and slant rotor BBb and both were very nice tubas. I don't think you can go wrong with the CC version either, especially for that price!
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

Dan Schultz wrote:I have a very nice Marzan 'slant-rotor' CC that fits your budget. Email for details and images.
Go with this horn. Dan's horns are hard to beat after he works on them.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.