SOLD - Blessing B-88-O doubler's F-attachment tenor trombone Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

SOLD - Blessing B-88-O doubler's F-attachment tenor trombone

Postby bloke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:23 pm

We have an older yet remarkably well-preserved Blessing B-88-O large bore open-wrap F attachment trombone outfit here.

It is American-made, the original case is in very good condition (one or two blemishes), the slide works very well, and the finish is good. The lacquer is only slightly/evenly darkened with age. These instruments reference Conn 88H trombone (.547" bore / 8-1/2" bell), and the open-wrap versions of their F-attachments are somewhat similar to the Bach 42 open-wrap F-attachments. The bell (more like Bach 42, again) is yellow brass, and the outside slide tubes (like Conn 88H) are red brass (which should not ever red-rot). Towards the end of the USA manufacturing, there were some things that I personally viewed as cost-cutting measures. Again, this is an earlier-made open-wrap instrument, with the only cost-cutting feature on this one being a plastic cork plate (similar to those corkplates F.E. Olds manufactured, back in the 1970's). Blessing - made in USA - is now shuttered, and all the Blessing instruments are now Asia-made.

We'll take $695 (plus ground shipping or postage) for this outfit. If there are requests, I'll post pictures. (Sometimes, stuff that I post here is sold before pictures are up.) I like to take pictures outdoors/overcast (easier to see details), but today it is raining. I have seen these offered for lower prices, but - often - those are bunged up and/or school salvage. This is in fine shape, and Indiana-manufactured.

The case is the same as the last-generation (wood/UMI) case, with the only difference being that the Blessing case is grey/black, instead of (Conn) black/black. If the buyer is disappointed, we'll take it back if returned in as-sent condition, and to-the-buyer shipping costs are reimbursed.

We'll cut the price down to $675 (plus shipping or postage) if you mail us a check. A personal check (or USPS money order, which is very low cost) is fine. You don't need to spend $5 or $10 (if your bank has fees like that) for a "cashier's" check.

One not-great indoor-taken picture will need to suffice for today:

Last edited by bloke on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Blessing B-88-O great doubler's F-attachment tenor tromb

Postby ScottM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 am

These are good horns. I used one through grad school and my bone prof always complimented my sound. He said it played as well as his fancier brand name horn.
ScottM
And no this is not a paid advertisement.
ScottM
bugler
bugler

Re: Blessing B-88-O great doubler's F-attachment tenor tromb

Postby bloke » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks Scott.
This instrument has been sold for the asking price.
bloke

Return to For Sale by Owner