WTT/FS *Price Drop* Besson Sovereign 981 W/Fletcher Leadpipe Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

WTT/FS *Price Drop* Besson Sovereign 981 W/Fletcher Leadpipe

Postby A_Tubist » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello Tubenet!

I have a mid 80s Besson Sovereign 981 for sale. This particular tuba has the straight/lower lead pipe (some times referred to as the Fletcher lead pipe) which is sometimes preferred to the higher 982 "swan neck" lead pipe due to a more free blowing and even response in all registers. These horns are actually quite rare in the United States and I had to search for the horn in the UK and have it imported.

This tuba plays well in all registers and is very open when playing pedals in the low register. The valve action is excellent and all the tuning slides move freely and comes with a new Besson hard case. Due to circumstances beyond my control I must sell the horn to make the swap to F tuba so I am asking $5500 for the horn and case but I am very open to negotiation or even a straight trade for a quality F tuba of similar value. I am willing to ship at buyer's expense.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... g4fDupiGfI" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by A_Tubist on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A_Tubist
lurker
lurker

Re: WTT/FS Besson Sovereign 981 W/Fletcher Leadpipe

Postby Bnich93 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:59 am

Would you be interested in a straight trade for a Miraphone 181 5 rotor F? I'll send a pm as well.
2008 Hirsbrunner HB50 w/Warburton 30DL
1990s Mirafone 181 F w/Parker Cantabile 3 piece
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Postby barry grrr-ero » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Looks like it either had the 'Parker cut' done on the back side, or it came from the factory at the correct length.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Postby A_Tubist » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:08 pm

I believe at this point in production Besson had began to manufacture the horns at the correct length.
A_Tubist
lurker
lurker

Re: WTT/FS *Price Drop* Besson Sovereign 981 W/Fletcher Lead

Postby A_Tubist » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Bump for Price Drop

Please feel free to make me an offer! I am willing to consider anything, especially if a trade is involved.
A_Tubist
lurker
lurker

Re: WTT/FS *Price Drop* Besson Sovereign 981 W/Fletcher Lead

Postby A_Tubist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:16 pm

Bump. Make me an offer! Very willing to consider most offers.
A_Tubist
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner