WTB: MW6450 Valve springs Bookmark and Share

No posting restrictions. Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

WTB: MW6450 Valve springs

Postby Porky » Sat May 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Hello everyone if you have any MW 6450 Springs that you arent using I'd be happy to take them off your hands. I acquired one with Yamaha springs. Thank you in advance.
Porky
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: MW6450 Valve springs

Postby Porky » Fri May 31, 2019 11:25 am

BUMP. Or just MW springs
Porky
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Fri May 31, 2019 11:48 am

I think these are the same as what comes in *any* of the many, many different tubas that use the "Big Valve" piston set. These should be available from any place that works on or sells these tubas regularly. I would give Dillon Music (in New Jersey) a call and ask to speak to Matt Walters. He can tell you what you need, and may have a set in stock for you to purchase.

Good luck.

If you need help, try asking a question. Making a series of disconnected, random statements won't get you your answer.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby bloke » Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 pm

If you want stiffer springs - but have trouble obtaining the specific ones you're seeking - you might try some King sousaphone springs or Besson (designed for massive compensating pistons) springs.
Allied Supply carries both. Of course, your Conn-Selmer dealer can get the King springs from Conn-Selmer.
Size-wise, I'm thinking that either of those are roughly the same size as Yamaha and the German springs (compared to Conn 20K springs...which are far too large).
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Return to Wanting To Buy/Seeking