Mouthpieces for sale and / or trade

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Mouthpieces for sale and / or trade

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you 3 tuba mouthpieces for sale (or trade).

First up is a new style Conn CKB2 . Used only a few months. A few on this board are looking for the old style of Conn 2. I’m not sure how close the old is to the new, but the price is right. $20.00 plus shipping.

Second and third are the small and large Marzan mouthpieces. The smaller of the two I bought and never used. The larger, I used for about a 6 months. My search for the holy grail of mouthpieces continues and I’m just not using these at all. Buy a piece of history! $25.00 plus shipping for the small. The large one I am interested in trading for a mouthpiece with similar dimensions but a smaller throat (between 7.6 and 8.0 mm). I’m interested in Marcinkiewicz N1, N2, W1, or W2. Dimensions of the Marzan mouthpieces can be found on this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=15177

Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Small Marzan is on hold. Still looking to trade the large Marzan. Other mouthpieces that fit my requirements: Marcinkiewicz Jim Self, JK T2-C, T3-C, Yamaha Bobo Symphonic, some Tilz models
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Both Marzan mouthpieces are now on hold. Thanks for your interest.
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Both Marzans are sold (waiting for check to clear) Bump for the CKB2 (new style Conn 2)
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
SplatterTone
5 valves
5 valves

Post by SplatterTone »

w/ Yamaha Jim Self (today)
I know how that goes. I bounced around between that and the Faxx Helleberg. You might as well throw the Wick 1XL into the mix too. I think it fits in with the other two. At first I was kind of neutral about it, but lately I'm starting to take a real shine to it.

And for interested parties: The CKB2 has a fairly wide, semi-flat rim. I get a lot of harmonic development out of mine -- nice definition. Kind of like a 24AW with a flatter rim and more definition.
Good signature lines: http://tinyurl.com/a47spm
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Final Bump!
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
SplatterTone
5 valves
5 valves

Post by SplatterTone »

For what it's worth, I'd spring for the twenty bucks for this if I didn't already have two of them. When I like a mouthpiece, I'll get two ... just in case. This beats any other mouthpiece I have for getting a brilliant (as tuba brilliance goes), focused tone.
Good signature lines: http://tinyurl.com/a47spm