The bulk of the musical talk
Moderator: Uber Moderators
I actually started out playing the trombone. I loved it, but recently I switched to tuba for marching band. The change was only supposed to be temporary, but after marching season was over and I switched back to trombone, I felt like something was missing. The funny thing was, when I was playing tuba, I hated it. But then I suddenly felt drawn to it. It's weird. But anyway, I feel a sense of freedom when I play the tuba. I love it now.
My favorite one that I've been told is "Hey, I bet you could fit into your case!"
I had a trombone-playing friend who started noodling on tuba for brass techniques class in college.
Within about two notes, she noticed that her whole entire lap was vibrating. She realized how the sensation, um, felt, and she immediately thought, "Oh, so THIS is why you guys like to play tuba!"
1. The sound, man, the SOUND!!!
2. People asking if they can stick themselves inside my case.
3. The ability to shake all unsecured ceiling tiles at will.
4. People always want to help you with your horn, etc.
5. Annoying people who think tuba players should be unable to play anything beyond the simple band pieces.
SHS"making people deaf for a few seconds after they stick their heads in my bell is fun too"Tubamaster
James Bradford McNeil's Favorite Things about the Tuba
1) Reading poetry with the tuba
2) Making the guitar players practicing in the quad to pick up chicks look like pansies
3) Having college girls come up to you and ask if you "could fit a person in there" (looking at a gig bag on my back) and responding: I'd like you to meet my grandma
4) The assumption that you are a heavy drinker that has an awe-inspiring tolerance
5) The fact that I sit far enough away from the band director so that he can't see my eyes or smell my breath
6) People's fetish of sticking limbs/objects down my bell
7) Being able to be heard from very far away
It don't cost nothin'
I love the feeling of power that you get from playing the tuba
the girls are a nice side benefit make out scenes are much more interesting with all the crazy stuff I do messing around on the tuba making me quote "very agile"
And the other guy said, "Hey man, that's my ear.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: spirtuba and 9 guests