Wtb Stofer Geib Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Wtb Stofer Geib

Postby Drewtuba » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm looking for a Stofer Geib american shank mouthpiece. Thanks.

Drew
Drewtuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Wtb Stofer Geib

Postby the elephant » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Drewtuba wrote:I'm looking for a Stofer Geib american shank mouthpiece.

Kelly makes them, and they cost under $150. I love mine. You will be hard pressed to find one used, but they *do* occasionally show up. The last few I remember seeing here went for about $200 because they were gold plated.

https://kellymouthpieces.com/kmsilverstofergeib/index.asp
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby Drewtuba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:01 am

I had no idea that Kelly makes them. Awesome. Thanks elephant!

Drew
Drewtuba
bugler
bugler

Postby russiantuba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 pm

the elephant wrote:
Drewtuba wrote:I'm looking for a Stofer Geib american shank mouthpiece.

Kelly makes them, and they cost under $150. I love mine. You will be hard pressed to find one used, but they *do* occasionally show up. The last few I remember seeing here went for about $200 because they were gold plated.

https://kellymouthpieces.com/kmsilverstofergeib/index.asp

Lee's site lists them for $200 for the silver and $250 for the gold. http://tubameister.com/accessories/.

I bought mine used several years ago and really like it overall for my CC (back when they were $200 for a new silver one). I may need to pick up another one if they are at this cheaper price through Kelly.
Dr. James M. Green
Lecturer of Music--Low Brass
Ohio Northern University
Gronitz PF 125
Miraphone 1291CC
russiantuba
pro musician
pro musician

Postby cktuba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Actually Kelly mouthpiece prices have come down. They are now running $148 in silver.

https://www.kellymouthpieces.com/kmsilv ... /index.asp
cktuba
6 valves
6 valves

Location: A department store freeing a man trapped inside what I believe to be a "Martin Mammoth."

Postby Lee Stofer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:52 am

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, Kelly was blowing out a few production over-run mouthpieces at or below their cost, but I assure you that is not happening now and will not happen again. Those mouthpieces were from a production run of five years ago. The materials and labor costs have gone up so much for my most recent run of mouthpieces that there will be a slight increase in price. I do have a few of the older run of mouthpieces available at the same price that they have been for at least 5 years.

I go to a lot of trouble to offer the very best quality mouthpieces possible, and it is no cheap and easy task. Therefore, there is no cheap and easy price.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
Lee Stofer
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Postby iiipopes » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 am

Lee Stofer wrote:Apparently, unbeknownst to me, Kelly was blowing out a few production over-run mouthpieces at or below their cost, but I assure you that is not happening now and will not happen again. Those mouthpieces were from a production run of five years ago. The materials and labor costs have gone up so much for my most recent run of mouthpieces that there will be a slight increase in price. I do have a few of the older run of mouthpieces available at the same price that they have been for at least 5 years.

I go to a lot of trouble to offer the very best quality mouthpieces possible, and it is no cheap and easy task. Therefore, there is no cheap and easy price.

To the OP: respect Lee, and if you really want one, buy one directly from him.
"Bessophone" w/ 2-piece Imperial Blokepiece,
Lexan 32.6 Modified Helleberg rim & modified .080 extender
Wessex BR115 w/ Wick Ultra SMB6
King Super 20 trumpet w/ Bach 3C/76
Fanned fret bass and electric guitars
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Postby bort » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm confused... I thought used Stofer Geib mouthpieces changed hands around here pretty frequently?

Either way, new or used, they are nice mouthpieces.
B&S 4198 (PT-7P)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby Three Valves » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 am

Lee Stofer wrote:Apparently, unbeknownst to me, Kelly was blowing out a few production over-run mouthpieces at or below their cost, but I assure you that is not happening now and will not happen again.

That was quick, well done Sir!!
Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
MackBrunner 210L
FaxxHB
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner