selling Bookmark and Share

Give me advice on how to make things better

selling

Postby bloke » Tue May 22, 2018 6:33 pm

1/ I post about 10X as often as I should, but (I sincerely believe) were it that I did not, some others would not share their views (which they are prompted to share, I believe, as/when they differ from mine), including coaxing some of the under-100-posts people out from their hiding places.

2/ It's really tempting (when one has stuff to sell, one really believes that the stuff they have for sale is great, and one benefits from selling those things) to tend make EVERY thread on the Tuba-Net about "stuff that I have for sale".

3/ I fail sometimes, but I ~try~ to NOT excessively do what is described in "2/" above...and - admittedly - sometimes I've done it to troll/tease others who I see doing it. :oops:

4/ The Tube-Net would (yes...??) be a bit less tedious were a committee of others to (as to making nearly everyone's thread into a "buy my stuff" thread...again, in general, my own quantity of posts is absolutely ridiculous) loosen up just a bit, and enjoy the camaraderie/humor/GENERAL (non-commercial) information just a bit more, and push the salesmanship just a bit less.

5/ There are already TWO forums here for selling: one for those who pay - with remarks by those who do not, and another for ~both~ those who pay and for those who do not.
What about QUOTING someone from the main forum and then POSTING a "Hey, I've got something to sell you like that" post in the SPONSOR'S forum...?? (maybe...??)

6/
ImageImage
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: selling

Postby Ken Crawford » Tue May 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Your posts (excessive use (very excessive) of parenthetical statements aside) are usually very enjoyable and informative.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Postby the elephant » Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 pm

I totally did not get your post, Joe. I am being honest, here. What are you trying to say?
I got nothin'…
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby TubaDrummer » Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Ken Crawford wrote:Your posts (excessive use (very excessive) of parenthetical statements aside) are usually very enjoyable and entertaining.
-FIXED ;-)

I am not sure what you are worried about but i don't think you need to worry about it... :scratch
Mirafone 186-5U CC (1979) - Schilke Bobo Gold Mouthpiece
Yamaha Drums - Sabian Cymbals
TubaDrummer
lurker
lurker

Postby alfredr » Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 am

I see pictures of a beer garden, but it seems to be short on pictures of beer girls.
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Postby Three Valves » Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 am

FIFY

Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
MackBrunner 210L
TU25
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bone-a-phone » Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am

bloke wrote:1/ I post about 10X as often as I should,

I've got an idea, as one of those you tease out of the woodwork. Why don't you stop whining about Wessex, or whoever it is you're whining about. Then you'll be down to only posting 5X as often as you should.
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Postby TheTuba » Wed May 23, 2018 8:17 am

This topic turned sour.

Bloke, I agree with elephant.

Are you trying to say to cut down on selling/buying posts in the tubenet forum?
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Postby bisontuba » Wed May 23, 2018 8:29 am

He is trolling as usual.... :roll:
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Postby the elephant » Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 am

bone-a-phone wrote:
bloke wrote:1/ I post about 10X as often as I should,

I've got an idea, as one of those you tease out of the woodwork. Why don't you stop whining about Wessex, or whoever it is you're whining about. Then you'll be down to only posting 5X as often as you should.

Where is that Like button?
I got nothin'…
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby Wes Hardin » Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 am

Im one of those lurkers. I feel I always have to critically think when I read a Bloke post, lol. At the very least it improves my reading comprehension....I think.
Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4
Yamaha 822 F
Kurath 5/4 C
Nirschl 6/4 York
Mack F PT Clone
Mack 410 C 186 Clone
Wes Hardin
lurker
lurker

Postby bloke » Wed May 23, 2018 10:27 am

TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC... (and I'm being redundant here, but...and no, not a troll, but an attempt to suggest a way to better separate advertising and discussion into their forums)
If one of us wishes to tie in "the wares that we offer" with someone's comment in the TubeNet forum we can...
- quote the comment with which we wish to tie in
- start a NEW thread in the SPONSORS forum
- COPY/PASTE that quote from the TubeNet forum to the SPONSORS forum, and then go on from there
- entitle that thread appropriately
- Post in the SPONSORS forum - assuming we are one of the individual TubeNet subscribers who pays a sponsor fee

=====================================================
example:
OUR AMAZING PTP-109 and [TITLE OF THREAD FROM THE TubeNet forum]

The Tuba Boobuh wrote:...stuff about blah-blah, that one of the sponsors wishes to tie in with the wares that they offer for sale...

blah-blah-blah ... amazing-amazing-amazing ... how to order ... etc.-etc.-etc ...
bloke

Postby Donn » Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 am

bloke wrote:TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC... (and I'm being redundant here, but...and no, not a troll, but an attempt to suggest a way to better separate advertising and discussion into their forums)
If one of us wishes to tie in "the wares that we offer" with someone's comment in the TubeNet forum we can...
- quote the comment with which we wish to tie in
- start a NEW thread in the SPONSORS forum
- COPY/PASTE that quote from the TubeNet forum to the SPONSORS forum, and then go on from there
- entitle that thread appropriately
- Post in the SPONSORS forum - assuming we are one of the individual TubeNet subscribers who pays a sponsor fee

[ edited for clarity ]
example:
OUR AMAZING STAINLESS STEEL MOUTHPIECE and [TITLE OF THREAD FROM THE TubeNet forum]

The Tuba Boobuh wrote:...stuff about blah-blah, that one of the sponsors wishes to tie in with the wares that they offer for sale...

blah-blah-blah ... amazing-amazing-amazing ... how to order ... etc.-etc.-etc ...

I feel sure that at some time, in the history of my enrollment in Tubenet, maybe 15 years or so? I must have gone and looked at something in the "Sponsors" forum. But I have no recollection of it. If you advertise in the main forum, you advertise in the main forum, and the hand-off to the Sponsor forum is not much of a fig-leaf.
Donn
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Postby bloke » Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am

I love you too, Donn.

bloke

Postby Three Valves » Wed May 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Get a room!!
Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
MackBrunner 210L
TU25
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby windshieldbug » Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 pm

the elephant wrote:Where is that Like button?

8) ( :shock: ! )
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Postby Donn » Wed May 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey, I feel your pain, as the man said. Will be interested to see how you put that idea into practice. I'd almost go so far as to post one of those inquiries, so we don't have to wait, like ... "what mouthpiece should I use on my Holton 109 to get better defined slotting/resonance/support for 3rd partial C and B natural?"
Donn
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Return to FeedBack