Wisemann 900 Bookmark and Share

Sell and buy equipment. Please clearly label either as SPONSOR, WTB, or For Sale. Will keep the WTB forum available until Sept 1, 2019.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment (as well as Wanting To Buy), but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Wisemann 900

Postby TMX1803 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:52 am

Hello all, for sale is my Wisemann C900 tuba, 5/4 size, pitched in CC, 4 piston + 1 rotary, the brass/lacquered model. In the year or so that I've owned it I've shifted my focus almost entirely to bass, so it's time to let her go. This is really an amazing instrument, most anyone will tell you the wisemann is one of the best tubas to ever come out of China, perhaps even more desirable than the B&S which it replicates (PT6P). I'm out of the loop on here, but it seems they aren't making them anymore either? Regardless, it is really an incredible value for the level it plays at. It has a great big sound, good intonation, and in my experience is a breeze to play for its size. There are a very small number of spots where the lacquer is damaged, but nothing substantial enough to call a dent (everything I could find is pictured). The leadpipe and thumb ring are corresponding parts from the PT6P - the old leadpipe was developing red rot and the thumb ring was not used by the previous (original? I forget) owner, and he couldn't find it when he sold it to me. The new gold brass leadpipe had to be modified to fit right, but the work was done well and it still plays just as great as it ever has. Along with the original chinese hard case (a little wear and tear, the wheels roll and it fits well) this includes a gorgeous chronkhite gig bag. Nearly all of you are familiar with these; needless to say they're really high quality, and not all cheap on their own. The bag is not a leather model, but its one of the slightly older ones (made by Glen, not just made by the company) and it is in great shape, fits the horn perfectly. I am located in the San Fransisco area and would prefer not to ship... but if you want to pay for it I suppose I'm open to it. I'll drive a considerable distance though. I am looking for $5500 (including the bag). I think the price is low enough as it is, but I'm hoping to sell this as soon as possible. Email me: joseph (dot) cudahy (at) gmail (dot) com if you have any questions or interest. Pictures: http://bit.ly/wisemann900pictures" target="_blank" target="_blank
Thanks for reading!
Joseph
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Re: Wisemann 900

Postby TMX1803 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:17 am

Bump and update - I am really hoping to sell as soon as I can now, make me an offer.
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Re: Wisemann 900

Postby TMX1803 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:25 am

Bump
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Return to MarketPlace