VMI (B&S) 46 Rotary Valve Baritone 4 valve

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
philleuphium
lurker
lurker

VMI (B&S) 46 Rotary Valve Baritone 4 valve

Post by philleuphium »

Hello everyone,

It is time for me to sell my german rotary baritone. I purchased it used 2 years ago and had it shipped from Germany. I really like the instrument, but one of my cars needs a new head gasket so it's time to thin the instrument herd.

This rotary baritone plays great and looks great. It is made by VMI, which is one of the brands owned by B&S. This is the same design as the B&S 46-L baritone. The only difference is the VMI is yellow brass with a gold brass lead pipe and the B&S is gold brass throughout. This baritone is very enjoyable to play and has a unique sound. The tone is somewhere between a tiny Bb tenorhorn and a large bore euphonium. It has a more focused core sound than a euphonium, but without the in your face sound of the tenorhorn. The rotary valves allow for wondeful and easy legato playing compared to pistons. The instrument is also very light and ergonomic compared to a piston compensating euphonium. Includes a medium/euro shank Shilke 51D mouthpiece and a protective case. The instrument is in very good condition, I count only 2 very small dings and minimal scratches. Lederhosen and pilsner beer sold seperately.
I would like to get $1300 for it. I believe this is a fair price at 50% of the new price+shipping and import fees, but feel free to make offers. I am having a hard time uploading pictures from my phone, I will try and get them up later. I am happy to send pictures if you are interested.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... pYBz9OigEs" target="_blank
dobiefeld
bugler
bugler

Re: VMI (B&S) 46 Rotary Valve Baritone 4 valve

Post by dobiefeld »

Sold, I assume ?