Weingrill & Nirschl caps, new.

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Weingrill & Nirschl caps, new.

Post by Tabor »

I have a W. Nirschl j-700 cluster from 2009 and had the threads fixed my Mr. Oberloh. The caps work much better but they’re not perfect, so I tried to remedy that and ordered a full set of top and bottom caps new from the factory. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) sometime since 2009 they have changed the threads so these caps won’t go on at all. They are not wide enough. If anyone has a use for these caps, or thinks they might and want to try them first, let me know.

I’m in Springfield, MA
Last edited by Tabor on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tubas
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Weingrill & Nirschl caps, new. $89?

Post by Alex C »

My understanding was that at some point around 2010, Nirschl farmed his valve cluster work out to Weingrill (isn't that also Werill?). I heard that was the source of the threading problems because his older work was very high quality.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Weingrill & Nirschl caps, new.

Post by Tabor »

If anyone has any use for these at all, please contact me. They're better with someone who can use them.
Tubas